Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Street Harrassment

This one ,,i accidentally came across..strong message...thought of sharing with you all....
Streets, stories, strategies
I had my doubts about blogging this - writing about street harrassment.After all, it's as common-place as paan stains, as ubiquitous as spit.... Will my saying 'NO' to harrassment prevent it? How does telling my stories serve any purpose?But while discussing the Blank Noise Project with a male friend (who has never maaro-ed seeti, never chhedo-fied, never sung lewd songs, never felt up, pinched, grabbed any part of any woman), he told me - "How do you know? Some teenaged boy somewhere reads this and decides not to molest women... you never know."For men like him, I write this post.(I have no patience for blogging dates, nor this women's day brouhaha, nor a fixed schedule that will guarantee internet access on March 7. So, I'm just going to put it up now and let it be a sticky post.)Some things, you learn to expect, growing up a girl. Streets, stories, strategies

2 Comments:

Blogger AWY said...

just a word...
you post someone else's blog...
what are your thoughts on 'eve teasing' ?

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

anna i left my views on the "someone else's page itself.."

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home